Here at Kry / Livi, we are on an important mission: Provide great & accessible healthcare for everyone. However, we will not achieve that by only delivering a “best-in-class” patient experience. It can only be done if we can make people grow. Through a wide range and combination of responsibilities combined with a steady work-life balance, Kry/Livi is a great workplace for great people to thrive in.
Headquartered in Stockholm and backed by Europe and North America’s leading investors (Index Ventures, Accel Partners, OTPP), this is a chance to be part of a truly multi-national scale-up that is changing the way that healthcare is accessed and delivered across Europe.
At Kry/Livi you’ll have a unique opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the inner workings at Europe’s leading digital healthcare provider. We value grit and a can-do attitude; there is a long and challenging journey ahead of us. You are brave enough to set high goals and then work passionately to achieve them. Last, but not least, we think you believe that by working together we will achieve greater things than by working alone. At Kry, we care about each other and the world around us. This includes but is not limited to; creating a diverse, sustainable, and inclusive workplace for all our staff!
Expect to have fun and learn new things every day!
As a member of the R&D function, you will be joining a group of around 250 people working with tech, design, and product. R&D is using the latest technology and data insights to build and ship products far better than anything else in healthcare. We work at a fast pace with the aim to create high-quality end-user value every day. You will work within a team small enough for you to play an important role in shaping our way of working and building our teams, but big enough to really make an impact and innovate healthcare.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join the R&D team. You will be responsible for the technical direction for the foundations of our patient-facing solutions - how we build a great app and web experiences and provide capabilities for feature teams and other stakeholders to build robust, secure, high-quality patient experiences rapidly.
OUR CHALLENGE FOR YOU
- Work across several of our foundational teams to support them in both technical direction and decision making that solves real stakeholder needs, as well as hands-on execution and delivery of crucial, high-impact solutions
- Guide, involve, mentor, and grow engineers across several teams
- Help teams reduce complex issues to more manageable problems.
- Facilitate effective communication between teams and stakeholders, particularly around complex technical challenges and resolving cross-company dependencies
- Lead major initiatives, and influence company goals and strategy.
- Help align high-level technical direction for our foundational patient-facing solutions and company objectives
- Lead internal conversations about the direction of our mobile and web applications, client infrastructure, design system, and developer tooling and drive cross-company alignment on the adoption of this direction.
- Identify technical opportunities and risks so that the company continues to succeed.
- Account for the long-term impact of decisions being made within teams, prioritizing in alignment with the strategic needs of the company.
- Provide support for senior engineering team members to address problems in process and teams.
YOUR PROFILE & SKILLS
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with the ability to communicate with engineers as well as business stakeholders and other functions
- Pragmatic practitioner, able to balance long-term technology direction with a pragmatic focus on delivering business value fast and often
- Strong client architecture and infrastructure experience for iOS, Android, web applications, public web, and supporting tooling
- Experience of working with and building design systems
- Modern software delivery methods, e.g. Continuous Delivery/DevOps, Domain-Driven Design, Lean/Agile
- You have several years of experience leading software engineers in the client and user-experience domain
- You have led high-performance engineering teams in an agile environment
- It is not essential to have all these skills, but an aptitude and willingness to develop those you don’t know is key.
It is not essential to have all these skills, but an aptitude and willingness to develop those you don’t know is key.
Join us and shape your future as well as ours!
If you think you’re up to the challenge, come and help us to grow, innovate and develop!
A diverse workforce is an absolute necessity for anyone with a vision like ours: to provide great healthcare for everyone. Therefore we celebrate differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can truly belong and thrive.
Work where it fits you
By empowering and trusting our people, we can offer a workplace that is best suited for each person’s individual situation. This means you can choose between one of our beautiful offices as your primary base or delivering your work from the comfort of your own home, allowing you to be based where it works best for you!
We continue to offer dynamic places to work while investing in tools and technology to empower our employees, wherever they are. In the end, it’s the impact you make that matters, not your working location.
Kry/Livi is the European leader in digital healthcare, allowing patients to see a doctor, nurse, or psychologist online within minutes. We also combine digital with physical care, transforming how millions of patients access healthcare.
Our vision is to provide great healthcare for everyone. That’s why we’re on a mission to make healthcare more accessible. We’ve already come a long way by creating the world’s leading healthcare platform that made seamless health journeys between digital and physical appointments a reality. By creating an ecosystem of tools and providers, our platform will be the go-to place for any health-related issues.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Kry/Livi’s 1000+ employees and 6000+ clinicians are committed to improving the world’s health through innovation, one patient at a time. In Sweden, Norway, and Germany we are called Kry. In the UK and France, we operate under the name Livi.
Submissions and Questions
Please submit your application by including your CV, LinkedIn, GitHub, or Portfolio (where applicable). Only applications in English will be accepted. No submission will be accepted via email, nor when the job posting has become inactive. All applications must go via the careers site or an official Kry / Livi job post.
If you have any questions regarding jobs or our recruitment process, please read our FAQ. Please note that we do not accept any email applications due to GDPR.